Northcot Brick

History of Northcot Business Park

Situated adjacent to Wellacre Quarry and renowned for its outstanding Jurassic lower lias clay, Northcot has its main ingredient for quality facing bricks readily available.

The Northcot site was established by Spencer Churchill in 1925 and taken over by its current owners E.H. Smith in 1952.  Situated adjacent to the Wellacre Quarry, renowned for its outstanding Jurassic lower lias clay, Northcot was provided with its main ingredient for producing high quality handmade bricks – included in many prestigious development in many parts of the country including Battersea Power Station.
 
The brickworks was started by Captain Churchill back in 1927 to provide employment for people in the area, particularly those on his estate, and to him it was as much a hobby as a business. Following Captain Churchill’s death in 1964 E.H. Smith purchased the site with approximately 50 acres of land, together with a large plot of land in the neighbouring village of Draycot which was later developed as a small housing estate by the company.

For more information about Northcot Brickworks:

http://www.northcotbrick.co.uk/